This weekend I’m spending the Fourth at a family reunion in Illinois. Here’s what I brought along with me for a relaxing weekend by the lake.
- My favorite foundation at the moment, the Big Easy. It’s lightweight, but quite easy to build up for more coverage. It has SPF 35 which will be perfect for spending this weekend out in the sun.
- NYX Stick Blush. I’ve recently been turned onto cream blushes and I really don’t know why I haven’t used them before now. They are absolutely great for the summer and just leave you with a simple, natural hint of color on your cheeks. I’m loving this one by NYX in the color 03 Hibiscus.
- Bronzer is a must. I just got the Hoola bronzer as a sample and I can foresee it becoming my new favorite. I’m still trying it out right now, but I brought it along with me because it’s small and compact – perfect for traveling.
Simple. Easy. Classic.
A little eyeliner and mascara is all you really need. I chose these two by benefit because they last for so long and that will be crucial after spending the day in the humid heat.
They’re Real Mascara & They’re Real Push Up Liner
- Revelon Colorburst Balm Stain.
- Extremely old honey infused lip gloss from Urban Decay – it’s amazing.
- Of course, chapstick.
All simple, quick, and easy.
Because I’m an awful packer, I’ve also brought along my MAC palette, concealers, more lip options, etc but what’s pictured is really the basics and what I should have ONLY packed. I always overpack make-up and only end up using a handful of items, all quite similar to the ones I’ve included in this post.
Thanks for reading!
Let me know what your travel essentials are!