So thank you to the wonderful beautytime101 for nominating me for the Beauty Blogger of the Month award. I have only been blogging a very, very short amount of time so this was a huge surprise for me & really made my day! (:
So, as required – here are my answers to the beauty questions:
1. Where does your makeup inspiration come from?
I’d say my makeup inspiration comes from various places. First, function. I need/use makeup that conceals what I want hidden and highlights what I love about my face. I use it to manipulate how I present myself. Secondly, from my mood. My mood dictates so much of how I’ll wear my make up that day. Inspiration also floods in from classic beauties of time. I love simple, classic, and timeless makeup looks like Jane Birkin.
2. What are 3 of your makeup Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
Must have a good matte bronzer.
Must have mascara.
Must have some sort of lip tint.
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
I mostly have on a simple eyeliner, neutral eyeshadow, thick lashes, bronzer, and a nude/pink lip color.
4. Let us know your favorite makeup brands?
I’m loving Benefit right now so much. Also, I love MAC of course. It was my first brand that I really got into once I entered the world of makeup. I have to stay true to my roots.
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve?
Done correctly, some people can pull it off, some. But mostly, it’s not done correctly.
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
MAC Creme de Nude.
I loved it when I first bought it, but I think I was swayed by all the hype. Now I just don’t like it and I won’t even ware it. It just is not at all flattering on me and I’m not sure why I thought to purchase it. It’s unbearable to wear without some sort of heavily tinted lip gloss over top of it.
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
Concealer! Let your natural skin shine through.
Thank you to everyone who’s been reading my blog over this past month or so, it really means a lot to me